Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy one-pot Greek-inspired meal! From "365 Easy One-Dish Meals"....
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb top sirloin steak
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 scallions
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes (can use 1 14oz can tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped olive
- 4 pita breads, halved crosswise
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Crush or mince the garlic. Peel the eggplant and cut into thin strips. Chop the scallions and tomatoes. Slice the mushrooms and peppers. Cut the steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 T oil until hot. Add beef and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes until meat loses its redness. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 T oil. Add garlic, eggplant, and scallions. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring. Add mushrooms and peppers and cook until peppers are crisp-tender (about 5 minutes).
- Mix in tomatoes, ketchup, white wine, and olives. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to medium low and continue to simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir beef into the veggie mixture and heat through.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture into pita halves and top with feta.