Skillet Moussaka Sandwiches
- Crush or mince the garlic. Peel the eggplant and cut into thin strips. Chop the scallions and tomatoes. Slice the mushrooms and peppers. Cut the steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 T oil until hot. Add beef and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes until meat loses its redness. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 T oil. Add garlic, eggplant, and scallions. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring. Add mushrooms and peppers and cook until peppers are crisp-tender (about 5 minutes).
- Mix in tomatoes, ketchup, white wine, and olives. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to medium low and continue to simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir beef into the veggie mixture and heat through.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture into pita halves and top with feta.