Recipe by Angel91805
My family loves these!
Top Review by A la Carte
These are very fun, and very yummy! I made them tonight for my picky kids, half expecting them to be rejected, but they were wolfed down! I used ground turkey, cuz it was all I had, and these were still super tender and juicy. The worcestershire made the meat have a little extra flavor. I will be making these again! Thank you sooo much!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble meat into a large bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and add it to the bowl.
- Add the egg, beat it slightly.
- Add the bread crumbs, milk and Parmesan cheese; mix all together with your hands.
- Tear the parsley (if using) into smaller pieces with your fingers, then add them and the remaining ingredients, except for tomato sauce, and mix again with your hands.
- Heat a 12 inch nonstick skillet that has a lid over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, form the meat mixture into 6 patties no more than 1 inch thick.
- Place in the hot skillet and cook until the meat is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Pour the tomato sauce evenly over the patties and cover the skillet, reducing heat to medium low.
- Continue to cook for 1 minute to heat the tomato sauce through.
- Remove from the heat and serve.