Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a supper easy, quick prep Mediterranean chicken prepared in a skillet, I use my electric fry pan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil about 6 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
I made this simple recipe and was wowed by the flavor, from such a small amount of ingredients. Easy to put together, especially on a week night...served over rice, dinner couldn't be simpler. Thanks for sharing, morgainegeiser!
This was very good. I made this as written except added onions to the pan before simmering for the 20 minutes. Everyone really enjoyed this and my husband thought the vegetables were great. Thank you morgainegeiser. Made for team Tasty Testers for the Greek cookbook during ZWT9.
Very nice way to fix boneless, skinless chicken breasts. To speed the cooking process and prevent the chicken from becoming dry, I cut the breasts in half lengthwise, sauteed them in the oil then spooned the tomatoes over topping off with sliced Kalamata olives. These were very good with Honey Almond Green Beans and Easy Greek Potatoes. Made for ZWT9.