Recipe by gwynn
This is different from the routine meatloaf. Easy recipe to make. This comes from a Bisquick book that I have.
Top Review by Pinay0618
I had this recipe several years ago and lost it - this is one of the biggest reasons I love Recipezaar! This is an easy, flavorful, filling recipe. We're really looking forward to having it again - thanks so much for posting it here!
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon or 2 bouillon cubes
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 medium potatoes, cut in wedges (see note)
- 4 slices American cheese, cut crosswise into halves
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: I microwave the potatoes whole til they are approximately 1/2 to 3/4 done to assure they are cooked when meal is completed; Then I cut them into wedges and place on top of meatloaf.
- Dissolve bouillon in water; mix 1/4 cup of the bouillon and the remaining ingredients except potatoes, cheese and mushrooms.
- Pat mixture in 9" skillet to within 1" of edge.
- Pour remaining bouillon around edge.
- Place potato wedges on meatloaf in spoke fashion.
- Cover and cook over low heat until potatoes are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Arrange cheese on potatoes; sprinkle with mushrooms.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minute Sprinkle with snipped parsley if desired.