Recipe by cellogirl2
A very easy to prepare meatloaf that is always very juicy and flavorful.
Top Review by Marsha D.
WoW! This recipe for Skillet Meatloaf is sensational. I used seasoned breadcrumbs, added 2Tbs chopped green bell pepper and 1/4c whipping cream in place for the water. Dh and I both really enjoyed our dinner. Easy to prepare and well worth giving a try. This is a keeper for sure. Great way to make a meatloaf in lesser time than baking. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of the tomato soup, ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, salt and pepper using your hands.
- Shape firmly into two loaves.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the meatloaves in the hot skillet, then reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes, or until meat is cooked through.
- Spoon the fat from the skillet, and stir in the remaining soup, water, and mustard.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, and let simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring sauce occasionally.