This is a delicious meal that my family loves!
Make and share this Skillet Meatball Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 12 -16 ounces frozen cooked italian meatballs
- 8 ounces uncooked mini lasagna noodles (aka mafalda)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add gravy, broth, water, chili sauce and meatballs; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover; cook 5 minutes or until meatballs are thawed.
- Add uncooked noodles; mix well.
- Cover; cook about 10 minutes or until noodles are tender and meatballs are thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream until well blended.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
I thought this was a good quick meal. I did not have a jar of beef gravy so I used Golden mushroom soup instead. I also made my own meatballs and egg noodles. Thank You.
This was really good! It is like a meatball stroganoff. I used a mushroom gravy as that was all I had and it really was nice with the mushrooms.
This made a tasty dinner, fresh parsley was a nice flavor, and it doesn't taste like our usual, but I think I'll stick with our usuals. (I did replace some beef broth with white wine to deglaze after cooking the onions and peppers -- yum!). Before the sour cream, I kept thinking I could cook off the liquid, throw in a can of crushed tomatoes with garlic, chop some mushrooms, and voilà spaghetti sauce! After the sour cream, it veered towards stroganoff. Next time, I'll probably pick stroganoff OR spaghetti and make that.