Recipe by Fancy Free
This is an easy to prepare, one skillet dinner. I don't remember where I got it, but my family loves it and asks for it often. It is a good potluck dish if you double, or triple it. People will ask for your goulash recipe.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I had a pound of precooked burger in the freezer which made this even quicker to make for dinner. I used 12 ounces of pot pie bows as that is what I had on hand. I used 3 8 ounce cans of tomato sauce. I started with 2 cups of water but ending up adding about a cup more. I also added a boullion cube, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, the 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, the onions and peppers and the worcestershire sauce. I didn't add the mushrooms. We all enjoyed this. I topped mine with parmesan cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water (I use 1/2 water & 1/2 red wine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- sliced mushrooms (If using them, add with the macaroni, etc.) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in a large skillet until no longer red.
- Remove from skillet, using a slotted spoon so as to save liquid in the skillet.
- Cook macaroni, onion and green pepper in drippings until macaroni is yellow.
- Return meat to skillet along with tomato sauce, water, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes.