Recipe by MasakoHI
Easy one pan dish that takes about 25 minutes to cook. Original recipe was taken off a Hunt's Tomato Sauce label. Almost like a hamburger helper dish but this one is made from scratch and not from a box.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in oil in large skillet until it loses its redness.
- Remove from skillet and cook onion, macaroni and green pepper in meat fat until macaroni is yellow. If meat fat is not sufficient to prevent sticking, add a tablespoon or two of oil.
- Return meat to skillet along with tomato sauce, water, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until macaroni is cooked to suit your taste.