Recipe by Lainey39
This is easy and tasty when you need something quick.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written and my family enjoyed it. My family told me that they thought I should leave out the nutmeg next time. They ate it and liked it but thought they would like it better without it. This was really creamy with not being too cheesy.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni, according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Gradually add cream; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture.
- Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.