Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on another web site & everyone liked it so much I had to share. Lost the recipe once & tried another, but wasn't liked as much.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 8 ounces macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- brown ground chuck in a large skillet.
- remove meat from skillet.
- saute raw macaroni, onion& green pepper in meat juices until macaroni is golden brown.
- return meat to skillet.
- add remaining ingredients.
- cover& simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes until macaroni is tender.
I'm sorry maybe the simplicity was this recipes downfall for me. Kids liked it. Found it too starchy from the noodles and bland.
Great easy quick meal1 Thanks for sharing1
The whole family liked this. Even my son who suddenly doesn't like anything ate a huge plate! Easy, comfort food- thanks for this great addition to our dinner menu.