Recipe by DrGaellon
from Cook's Country Magazine
Top Review by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
This was really good. Not over the top but a good quite week night recipe. Add a couple dashes tobasco to liven it up. Or add some sour cream to make it creamy, that's my prefered way. The kids loved it!!!! Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Drain beef, leaving 2 tablespoons fat in skillet, and reserve.
- Add onion, red pepper, and garlic to fat in skillet and cook, covered, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add macaroni, tomato sauce, broth, oregano, and reserved beef to skillet and bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve.