Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and easy, one pan, comfort food that's WAY better than Kraft Mac & Cheese.
- 3 cups whole milk, divided
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- Combine 2 cups of milk, macaroni, salt, and pepper in a large oven proof skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to prevent sticking, then turn the heat down to medium-low heat and cook, stirring, until milk has reduced to a thick sauce.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of milk and cook until pasta is al dente and milk has reduced by about half.
- Add the cheddar and mozzarella, stirring until cheese is melted and pasta is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly across the top of the mac ‘n’ cheese and press down into the nooks and crannies.
- Lightly spray the bread crumbs with cooking spray, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Broil on high until bread crumbs are golden brown,.
- If you don't have an oven proof skillet, you can transfer the mac & cheese to a baking pan and continue from Step 5.