Recipe by NELady
From Taste of Home Simple & Delicious Magazine, October 2008. Haven't tried this yet, but am posting for future reference. Author Ann Bowers wrote the following description "This is so simiple, it seems almost too easy! But you'll love it and fix it often. You could use salt and pepper to taste, but we don't feel it is necessary".
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 lb processed cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni, add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.