Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Taste of Home Simple & Delicious Magazine, October 2008. Haven't tried this yet, but am posting for future reference. Author Ann Bowers wrote the following description "This is so simiple, it seems almost too easy! But you'll love it and fix it often. You could use salt and pepper to taste, but we don't feel it is necessary".
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 lb processed cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni, add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Good and easy to make. I followed the recipe except that I added a good bit of pepper and some salt.
I seem to have been tagging mac & cheese quite a bit over the past 6 months or so, but I have a neighbor couple that I cook for at times, & they love it, so . . . This particular recipe really got them going, 'cause it reminded them so much of a favorite recipe from years ago, which means this will definitely be a keeper for me! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders]
This WAS simple and delicious. I made this for lunch and have some leftovers so it will taste good tomorrow, too. It couldn't be any easier. I did add some pepper because I just love it. Thanks for sharing!