Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Unlike the other low carb pizza recipes posted here on Zaar, this one does NOT use low carb tortillas, pork rinds or soy flour as a base. This recipe sounds a bit strange, but one taste and you will be in low carb heaven. You can top the "pizza" with any toppings you like, but I enjoy it with mushrooms and olives. :) Suitable for induction or very low carb diets due to extremely low carb content. This recipe was posted in a low carb email group I belong to and it's been all the rage amongst the low carbers there.
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash italian seasoning (oregano blend)
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ripe olives, sliced
- In a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat, spread the cheese to cover the pan. Sprinkle with garlic powder and italian seasoning.
- When the cheese starts bubbling all over, add the toppings. Make sure not to overload the cheese with toppings, otherwise the pizza won't set.
- Once the edges of the cheese start to brown, gradually pull the edges from the pan with a spatula. Then when the edges are completely browned/crisp, gentle put your spatula under the entire thing and slide it out and onto a plate.
- Let it stand a minute to allow the cheese to cool slightly. (letting it rest is important so that it firms up) Then, cut with a pizza cutter or sharp knife into quarters.
It didn't set the way I expected (I thought it would be crispier) however, it's pizza... Who's complaining? Fast and Easy! Thanks for the post.
What a different way to make pizza! I included 2 dashes of garlic powder (LOVE those measuring spoons that include a 'pinch' & a 'dash'), omitted the mushrooms, but added a couple more olives, for a nice 'pizza!' [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]