1/1 Photo of Skillet Lo Mein
This is a very versatile recipe since you can throw in just about anything! My favorite way to use this is with chicken but you can also use ground beef, steak strips, pork, shrimp etc. For the stir-fry veggies, I just get them from the produce section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, separated
- 1 (16 ounce) package stir fry vegetables
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1Brown meat in one T of the sesame oil, then remove to paper toweling to drain.
- 2Add remaining 2 T of sesame oil to the pan and saute onions, celery, stir-fry veggies and garlic for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce; pour over the veggies in the skillet.
- 4Add the meat back in, along with the grated ginger.
- 5Bring to boil; break spaghetti in half, and add to the skillet.
- 6Stir in noodles, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring about halfway through.
- 7When serving, top with sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.5
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 951.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stir fry vegetables