Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy recipe I got out of a cookbook somewhere. My family of picky eaters adore this recipe! I've yet to remember to plan ahead enough to marinate, and still the recipe is just yummers! I also cut up the raw chicken and just cook it all up together in the frying pan (except the broth, which I do add later, as the recipe calls for...but I don't bother to remove the chicken, I just mix it all up together) and it turns out great!
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, pressed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a blender, blend lemon juice, wine, mustard, garlic, and rosemary until well combined. Ina a large zipper bag, throw the chicken and lemon juice mixture. Keep in fridge for at least 1 hour. In a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp chicken broth and cornstarch until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken (reserving the marinade) on each side, about 4min. or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Now add reserved marinade to the skillet and using wire wisk, stir in the cornstarch mixture and remaining broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 min more. Return chicken to skillet, heat through, serve with sauce.
The combination of rosemary and lemon is delicious. The recipe is so easy to make on a busy weeknight and we really enjoyed the flavors. I was letting 4 yr old DD measure the marinade ingredients and putting them into the Ziplock, and then I remembered I was supposed to blend it. I don't think it made a difference in taste; just made my rosemary visible in the dish, but I actually like that. The only ingredient change I made was to use homemade Herb and Garlic Broth (recipe #429611) instead of chicken. The recipe was delicious and we'll definitely be making it again in the future! Made & enjoyed for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2011. You've been adopted! :) http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=352458&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This was a tasty combination of flavors. I forgot to marinate the chicken so I just dipped it in the marinade prior to placing it in the pan to cook. It came out great! I also lightly salted and peppered the chicken prior to placing it in the pan. This is a keeper for us! Thanks!