1/6 Photos of Skillet Lemon Chicken With Capers
Adapted from GH Best Recipes of 1998. This is one of my family's all time hits. My kids LOVE the lemon caper sauce, and it gets raves whenever I share it with friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place each chicken breast between two sheets of wax paper.
- 2With a mallet, flatten each to about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3In one pie plate, beat eggs slightly.
- 4In another pie plate, mix 1/4 cup flour with salt.
- 5Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in egg.
- 6Put battered chicken on a plate.
- 7Add flour/salt as needed until all chicken is coated.
- 8In nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over med high heat until hot.
- 9Stir in 1 Tbsp butter until melted.
- 10Add chicken.
- 11Cook 5 min to brown, then reduce heat to med.
- 12Turn chicken and cook about 4-5min more until juice runs clear when pierced.
- 13Transfer chicken to a warm dish.
- 14Lower heat if needed to maintain medium-low to medium heat so as not to scorch the garlic, then add garlic to the drippings in the skillet.
- 15In a cup, mix stock, wine, lemon juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of flour until smooth.
- 16Stir into mixture in skillet. Scrape skillet to incorporate any browned bits from the chicken.
- 17Heat to a boil, boil 1 minute. Stir in capers and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, simmer until thickened.
- 18Pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with additional lemon slices.
- 19Note: Occasionally, this has turned out a little more "tangy" than I would like with too much lemon. If this happens, just dilute with a little extra chicken stock or broth mixed with cornstarch or flour to keep thicker consistency.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Lemon Chicken With Capers
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 184.6 mg
- Sodium 977.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 31.2 g