Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the label on the Hunts spaghetti sauce can. Label information: 5 min prep, 20 min cook, 6-8 servings
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) canhunt spaghetti sauce with meat
- 6 ounces uncooked campanelle pasta, cooked according to package and kept warm
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink: drain.
- Blend in spaghetti sauce- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Place half of cooked pasta in bottom of skillet.
- Pour half of sausage-sauce mixture over pasta.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Top iwth remaining pasta, sausage-sauce mixture, and mozzarella.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 1 minute.
Super easy and these are ingredients I normally have on hand. I used hot Italian sausage and Hunt's Zesty & Spicy Spaghetti Sauce. I made this in a 10-1/2 inch skillet and it was filled to the brim. I didn't want to have melted cheese on my skillet lid, so I inverted my wok and used that as the lid; it worked perfectly. My own lasagna recipe has tons of ingredients and is very expensive to make, so I was glad to find this recipe. ETA: Made for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef.