Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has the great flavor of lasagna, but is so much quicker. It's great if you need a dinner in a hurry.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes, slightly drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground beef in lge skillet until browned& crumbly, drain well Add half the jarred sauce to ground beef in skillet& mix well; pour diced tomatoes evenly over ground beef Combine ricotta& egg in small bowl& mix well; spread evenly over tomatoes; top with a layer of lasagna Layer the remaining sauce and remaining lasagna in the skillet Bring to boil; reduce heat to med-low; cook, covered until lasagna is tender, about 10 minutes Sprinkle with mozzarella; cook covered for 2 minutes Serve immediately To ensure the lasagna noodles cook thoroughly, spread a piece of waxed paper over the skillet before topping with the lid.
- The waxed paper prevents any steam from escaping.
A big winner at our house. It was quick and delicious. I used a 26 oz bottle of roasted red pepper and Vadalia onion flavored pasta sauce. I cooked the meat with a chopped yellow onion and a couple of minced cloves of garlic. Doubled the cheese and it was wonderful and so quick. Thanks, Boca Pat.
This was excellent!!! It wasn't extremely saucy, which was perfect for us. It did take about 30 minutes to get the noodles done, but that may be because I didn't use the waxed paper. I didn't use the pasta sauce with mushrooms, as DH doesn't like mushrooms, but everything else I followed to the letter. But still, this was super, quick and so easy! I can't wait to make it again! :) Thanks for posting such a great recipe!!
This was really delicious!! I did make a few minor changes. I used 1/2 pound of hamburger, and 1/2 pound of Italian sausage. To the meat mixture, I added one small diced onion and some minced garlic. I also used 2 cups of mozzarella on top, instead of just one, because I'm a cheese-a-holic. The only other change was to the noodles. I didn't have any 'no boil' lasagna noodles. So I used the regular kind, boiled them until they were done, and then assembled the dish as instructed. The results were fabulous, and I had two helpings!! For the diced tomatoes, I used Del Monte brand "diced tomatoes with onion and garlic"--they were the perfect choice for this dish, I think. Your recipe was very easy to follow, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I'm very much looking forward to having leftovers for lunch tomorrow!! Thank you for sharing this recipe...it's definitely a 5 star keeper!! Teresa