Recipe by Boca Pat
This has the great flavor of lasagna, but is so much quicker. It's great if you need a dinner in a hurry.
Top Review by AggieMom
A big winner at our house. It was quick and delicious. I used a 26 oz bottle of roasted red pepper and Vadalia onion flavored pasta sauce. I cooked the meat with a chopped yellow onion and a couple of minced cloves of garlic. Doubled the cheese and it was wonderful and so quick. Thanks, Boca Pat.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes, slightly drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef in lge skillet until browned& crumbly, drain well Add half the jarred sauce to ground beef in skillet& mix well; pour diced tomatoes evenly over ground beef Combine ricotta& egg in small bowl& mix well; spread evenly over tomatoes; top with a layer of lasagna Layer the remaining sauce and remaining lasagna in the skillet Bring to boil; reduce heat to med-low; cook, covered until lasagna is tender, about 10 minutes Sprinkle with mozzarella; cook covered for 2 minutes Serve immediately To ensure the lasagna noodles cook thoroughly, spread a piece of waxed paper over the skillet before topping with the lid.
- The waxed paper prevents any steam from escaping.