Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Skillet Lasagna - 1 pot meal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 lb sweet italian sausage out casing
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, each sheet broken into 4 pieces
- 28 ounces tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and break apart with spoon, cook until browned 6-8 minutes.
- Pour half a cup of water, and 1 cup of sauce over the meat mixture. Place lasagna noodles over meat mixture; top with tomatoes, remaining tomato sauce, basil and ½ cup water.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until noodles are tender. Dollop ricotta cheese evenly over mixture, and sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover and let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.