Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
All the flavors of a home cooked lasagna, but there is virtually no prep and it’s on the table in less than thirty minutes. I use fresh four cheese ravioli from the refrigerated section of the grocery store to bring this meal together. The ravioli pulls double duty, providing the pasta as well as lasagna’s traditional ricotta filling. Cheesy and satisfying, this one pan meal is sure to be a hit at your dinner table!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 18 ounces of buitoni four cheese ravioli, from the refrigerated section
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
- Add olive oil to large skillet.
- Sautee onions and garlic, over medium heat, until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add sausage and cook, breaking up with wooden spoon while it browns.
- Once sausage is cooked through, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and ravioli.
- If using whole peeled tomatoes, use kitchen shears to chop them up while still in the can before adding to skillet.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer until ravioli are tender and sauce has reduced and thickened, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mozzarella and parmesan.