Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this on on sparkpeople.com. It is a free weight loss community. It has been very helpful in my weight loss efforts.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken up
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash basil (optional)
- 1 dash pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic. Drain.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt.
- Stir in uncooked pasta.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Combine cottage and Parmesan cheeses.
- Mix in the egg.
- Sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste.
- Drop cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons onto pasta mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve.
Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders. This was pretty good ~ not the same as regular lasagna, but much easier. A nice quick dish when I want the taste but not all the work. Thanks for posting this.
Nice dish that was quick and easy. I used some bow tie pasta rather than broken lasagna noodles but that was the only change. Thanks for a low cal fast fix meal that is a good go to dish for a busy day.