It's like making a lasagna on the stove top without all the baking. Oh wait.. that's exactly it! It's pretty easy to make. My husband loves it! This recipe is adapted from America's Test Kitchen recipe titled the same, but I changed a few things.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can water (approx)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground beef (or pork, chicken, sausage, etc...)
- 14 lasagna noodles, broken up into pieces about 2 inches long
- 1 (26 ounce) jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Heat the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the Onion and 1/2 tsp salt and cook until the onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the ground meat and cook, breaking apart the meat, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- 2Scatter the pasta over the meat but do not stir. Pour on the diced tomatoes, the water and the jar of sauce over the noodles. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to a med-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Dot with heaping tablespoons of the ricotta and sprinkle the top with shredded mozzarella. Let stand about 5 minutes. Serve.
- 4optional: before serving sprinklw with 2 Tbsp parmesan and 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1130.5
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 167.8 mg
- Sodium 1835.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 61.5 g