Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this from a friend, her family absolutely loved it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups broken up whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated fat-free parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- shredded fat free mozzarella cheese (to garnish)
- Brown beef with onions and garlic. Drain.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt.
- Stir in uncooked pasta.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minute or until pasta is tender.
- Combine cottage and parmesan cheese.
- Mix in the egg.
- Sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste.
- Drop cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons into pasta mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve.