Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Quick and easy meal after a long busy day. Using jarred sauce and canned mushrooms. Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 226.79 g Italian sausage
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 709.77 ml lasagna noodles, uncooked (miniature or broken regular)
- 591.47 ml water
- 2.46 ml Italian spices
- 737.08 g jar tomato sauce or 737.08 g jar marinara sauce
- 113.39 g jar sliced mushrooms
- 473.18 ml cottage cheese
- 473.18 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- Skillet Pizza Lasagna: Substitute 2 15 oz cans of pizza sauce for pasta sauce and add 1/2 cup diced pepperoni.
- Cook meat, pepper, onion and garlic over med heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until meat is brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for the cottage cheese.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Stir in cottage cheese.
- Spread shredded cheese over the top and cover until melted.
Made this tonight for me and my DH. We both really enjoyed it! I had to use all ground beef and macaroni noodles instead, but it turned out great. (Oh, I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella over the top; just personal preference.)Such an easy recipe, and much less expensive than a pan of lasagna, with the same taste. Thanks! Will definitely become a regular.
I found there to be too much liquid in this recipe. I might try it again, either increasing the mafalda (mini lasagna noodles) by a cup, decreasing the water by a 1/2 cup or using regular lasagna noodles broken up. Sorry to be a downer. Thanks for the recipe though!
We loved this. It was so simple and really good. I used a store-bought pasta sauce and liked that it used cottage cheese instead of ricotta. My DGS grabbed cottage cheese at the store instead of sour cream. lol. I have to admit that some containers look pretty much the same. lol. But we really enjoyed this simple dish. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient tag.