Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Quick and easy meal after a long busy day. Using jarred sauce and canned mushrooms. Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
Top Review by bug @<
Made this tonight for me and my DH. We both really enjoyed it! I had to use all ground beef and macaroni noodles instead, but it turned out great. (Oh, I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella over the top; just personal preference.)Such an easy recipe, and much less expensive than a pan of lasagna, with the same taste. Thanks! Will definitely become a regular.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups lasagna noodles, uncooked (miniature or broken regular)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato sauce or 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Skillet Pizza Lasagna: Substitute 2 15 oz cans of pizza sauce for pasta sauce and add 1/2 cup diced pepperoni.
- Cook meat, pepper, onion and garlic over med heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until meat is brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for the cottage cheese.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Stir in cottage cheese.
- Spread shredded cheese over the top and cover until melted.