Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
All in one pan. To make fresh bread crumbs, pulse two slices of hearty white sandwich bread in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- 453.59 g smoked beef sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 473.18 ml fresh breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 887.21 ml water
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 709.77 ml elbow macaroni (uncooked, 12oz)
- 9.85 ml hot sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 709.77 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded-12oz
- 473.18 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded-8oz
- 1. Brown sausage in 12" non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, 6-8 minutes Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- 2. Add bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt & pepper to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and wipe out skillet.
- 3. Bring water, 1-1/4 cups evaporated milk, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to simmer over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- 4. Whisk remaining evaporated milk, hot saucer and cornstarch together in a bowl, then stir into pasta. Bring to simmer and good until begins to thicken, about 1 minute.
- 5. Remove from heat and add cheeses and sausage. Sprinkle with bread crumbs & enjoy!