All in one pan. To make fresh bread crumbs, pulse two slices of hearty white sandwich bread in a food processor until coarsely ground.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb smoked beef sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups elbow macaroni (uncooked, 12oz)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded-12oz
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded-8oz
- 11. Brown sausage in 12" non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, 6-8 minutes Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- 22. Add bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt & pepper to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and wipe out skillet.
- 33. Bring water, 1-1/4 cups evaporated milk, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to simmer over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- 44. Whisk remaining evaporated milk, hot saucer and cornstarch together in a bowl, then stir into pasta. Bring to simmer and good until begins to thicken, about 1 minute.
- 55. Remove from heat and add cheeses and sausage. Sprinkle with bread crumbs & enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Kielbasa Macaroni and Cheese(Cook's Country)
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1174.5
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.6 g
- Saturated Fat 33.4 g
- Cholesterol 163.9 mg
- Sodium 1388.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 58.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked beef sausage