Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is always a huge hit whenever I make it. Cooking in the cast iron skillet makes this recipe nice and crispy on the outside but moist and tasty on the inside. Use different peppers if you don't like Jalapenos.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped jalapeno
- Grease and sprinkle 12" cast iron skillet with meal and preheat in oven at 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients and pour into skillet. Bake at 300 for 20 minutes, then bake for another 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until brown.