Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a quick and easy potato side dish, which is my husband's most requested. This recipe can be modified, using many different combinations of herbs and spices, to accompany any meal. The recipe calls for fresh herbs, but one could substitute dried herbs as well. Just remember when using dried herbs, use half the amount called for in a recipe.
- 2 cups potatoes, thinly sliced (white or red)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced (small onion)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage, fresh, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil together.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Stir until potatoes are evenly coated with spice mixture and onion slices are evenly distributed.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 15 minutes, tossing and turning the potatoes every few minutes.
- Potatoes will be done when slightly browned and fork-tender.