Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Healthy and delicious with very intense flavor from the Harrissa added to the turkey, which can be tasteless. It also uses shredded zucchini to make it even more healthy. You can purchase Mina Harissa at Whole Foods.
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, shredded, all moisture squeezed out with a paper towel
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons diced red peppers, optional at my house
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, the recipe calls for whole wheat seasoned
- 1⁄4 cup harissa
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons harissa, for topping
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup, for topping
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, onion, garlic, red pepper, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Harissa, egg, paprika and salt.
- Add turkey and combine until mixed well.
- Form the meat into 5 round patties.
- In a small bowl stir the ketchup and harissa.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook covered for 6-8 minutes per side, reduce heat if they get too brown.
- Brush the Harissa mixture on top of the patties during the last few minutes of cooking.