Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
In 'Williams-Sonoma : American'
Make and share this Skillet Hamburgers With Oven Fries recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Using a French-fry cutter or sharp knife, cut each potato lengthwise into long strips about 1/2-inch thick.
- Toss with the 2 tablespoons oil and spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake, occasionally scraping up the potatoes with a metal spatula, until the fries are golden brown, about 1 hour; transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Just before the fries are done, lightly oil the bottom of a large cast-iron frying pan.
- Place the pan over med-high heat and heat until very hot.
- While the pan is heating, in a bowl, using clean hands, lightly mix together the ground beef, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Handling the seasoned beef as little as possible, form into 4 plump patties, each about 4 inches in diameter.
- Place the burgers in the hot frying pan.
- Cook until browned on the first side, about 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook until browned on the second side, about 3 minutes longer for medium burgers.
- While the burgers are cooking, toast the buns in a toaster or under a broiler, cut side up, for about 1 minute.
- Season the hot oven fries to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place each burger on a bun.
- Serve at once, with the fries.
- Pass the ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, tomatoes, lettuce, and onion at the table.