Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A different side dish my family enjoys.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper
- 1 cup dried spiral shaped pasta, uncooked
- Cook onion and garlic in a skillet sprayed with Pam for 3 minutes.
- Drain the bean liquid into the skiller.
- Add undrained tomatoes, oregan and pepper and bring to boil.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pasta.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook about 12 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- Add beans and cook 3 minutes more.
This is a very nice side dish! Easy to put together with pantry staple ingredients. I used whole-wheat pasta and liked that it was cooked in the liquid from the beans and tomatoes. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012