Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great side dish that really goes with any entree. I have served it as part of our Easter meal and everyone really enjoys it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 1⁄2 cups pearl onions (frozen can be substituted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sm. zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄4 cup butter (can use half butter half oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried leaf marjoram
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream (can use light)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Prepare the vegetables as indicated.
- In a large skillet or fry pan, heat the butter/oil over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots and the pearl onions.
- Let these sauté about 5 minutes before adding the zucchini and mushrooms.
- Add the lemon juice, pepper and marjoram.
- Cover and let the mixture simmer over a medium heat just until the vegetables are to tender crisp stage.
- Turn the cooked ingredients into a covered serving dish and spoon juices over all.
- Top with the dill sauce by combining the last 5 ingredients and mixing well.