1/3 Photos of Skillet Gnocchi With Spinach & White Beans
This is my version of a recipe I found on EatingWell and tweaked to our liking. We like ours very thick. See options for a slightly saucier version see *optional version* it adds a 1/2 cup of water and changes how the onion is cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces gnocchi, shelf-stable (used sweet potato wheat)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces white beans, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- 2Add the remaining oil and onion the pan and cook over medium heat for about 7 to 10 minutes, till soft and lightly caramelized. Stir in garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Add the spinach, tomatoes, beans, pepper to the onions and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover just till cheese melts about 1 minute.
- 4*optional version* Add reaming oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft about 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Gnocchi With Spinach & White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 336.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: