1/2 Photos of Skillet Gnocchi With Chard and White Beans
In this quick and easy one-skillet supper, toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it off with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette. NOTE: Look for shelf-stable gnocchi near other pasta in the Italian section of most supermarkets. I used mini potato gnocchi and arugula and it was delicious. I added the optional seasoning as my preference was a little more Italian flavor. Original recipe from EatingWell Magazine, Jan/Feb 2009.
My Private Note
1 1/2 c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups chopped chard leaves (about 1 small bunch) or 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans (I used cannelini or white kidney beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, dried basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until gnocchi are plumped and starting to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 5Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring until the leaves start to wilt, about 1-2 minutes.
- 6Stir in tomatoes, beans, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Add optional seasoning if using.
- 7Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 8Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 minutes.
- 9Serve with a green side salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Gnocchi With Chard and White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 359.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano