Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe makes a great appetizer as well. Just cut the chicken smaller. Very attractive and nice spicy flavor
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 ",x 2 ",pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour, seasoned with salt &,pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (optional)
- Mix, soy, maple syrup, Sherry, ginger& Chinese 5 spice.
- Reserve apprx half of the marinade.
- Add chicken to remaining marinade and marinate in the fridgre for apprz 1/2 hour Drain Chicken and discard the marinade.
- Dredge chicken the the flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add chicken and brown, apprx 1 minute per side.
- Spoon reserved marinade over the chicken, reduce heat and cook another 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked Remove from heat and roll the chicken in the sesame seeds.
Bergy, this was yummy! My family just ate it up and a friend came over and he ate too! I did use thigh meat instead of breast, just cause that's what I happened to have. Excellent dinner. Thanks!
Pressed for time, I prepared this in 3 minutes, and cooking time wasn't relevant. I dredged the chicken strips in cornflour, set it on low to cook, turned the strips once and then added the marinade. I used cornflour (by accident) because I read the ingredients list really quickly and then ran into the kitchen to make it. My husband, starved, devoured this. When I mentioned that I didn't use fresh ginger, he interuppted saying he liked it better this way...I didn't finish my sentence by adding I had substituted powdered ginger and dry red wine for dry sherry. Bergy this is a very easy, delicious recipe. Thanks.