Recipe by bmcnichol
A yummy bar cookie recipe made on the stove top.
Top Review by Sam #3
Tastes great, but didn't turn out how it should have. I made the base as written and yet no matter how hard it was pressed into the pan, it just crumbled everywhere. For the topping I only used 1 cup icing sugar and yet I still had to use 2 tbs milk to get it to be anywhere near spreadable. When spreading it over the cookie bottom it globbed and pulled up large clumps of the bottom. It did taste fantastic though and DH has eatten half of the pan already!
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 10 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, egg and cocoa and mix.
- Bring to a boil and boil and stir for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in cookie crumbs and nuts.
- Press into a 9" square pan.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, powdered sugar, pudding and milk and beat until combined.
- Spread over cookie crumb mixture.
- Melt chocolate bar and spread over the powdered sugar mixture.
- Chill in fridge for one hour then cut into bars.
- Store at room temperature.