Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick 'n easy hot dish from my 1976 Campbell Soup Cookbook.
Make and share this Skillet Franks 'N Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb frankfurter, cut in half diagonally (*See note)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned tomato, drained from the can
- 2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
- Add the franks, onion, basil or oregano, to the skillet.
- Lightly brown the franks, and cook until onions are tender.
- Add the soup, milk, and tomatoes; stir until well mixed and heated through.
- Add the cooked noodles, and finish heating; stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle parsley on top just before serving.
- *Note: You can substitute hot dogs for the franks in this recipe.
These sound like one of my family's favorite dishes while I was growing up. It was kept written on the side of an OLD spice bottle.IT was called t Yankee Noodles and the Hot Dogs were cut into slices not in half. Thank you Domestic Goddess for the memory.
This is very yummy stuff!! The only change I made was that when I opened my canned diced tomatoes, I used more than 1/2 cup. I also did not drain the tomatoes, I am not sure the recipe did not specify. We loved it and my 11 year-old son was scraping the pan to get the last of it! Thank you!
Thanks for a tasty lunch Domestic Goddess