Recipe by bmcnichol
Wonderful skillet meal.
Top Review by kare620bear
This was a really good meal. My husband is Cuban and is very picky about meals with rice. Everything I've tried in the past just didn't stand up to par. But this one we ALL really enjoyed. I gave it 4 stars because we thought it needed just a little more spice to it. But overall it was very good and so easy too!
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook turkey or beef and onion and drain fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, water, tomatoes and corn and bring to a boil.
- Add rice.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and let stand until the cheese is melted.