1/1 Photo of Skillet Enchiladas
Barb Gertz's Note:
These enchiladas are made using a skillet, no oven. I think these would be good with beans added to the cheese and olives. I found the recipe on a magazine insert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon canned diced green chiles
- vegetable oil, for frying tortillas
- 8 corn tortillas
- 10 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided (or cheddar and jack)
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink;Drain fat.
- 2Stir in soup, enchilada sauce, milk and chilies; Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile in another skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil; dip each tortilla in hot oil for 3 SECONDS on each side or until just limp; drain on paper towels.
- 4Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon olives; roll up and place over beef mixture, spooning some of the beef mixture over the enchiladas.
- 5Cover and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese, cover and heat until cheese is melted, Serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (1784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.3
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 832.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 22.0 g