Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
This is a quick and simple dessert I sorta came up with one night when I needed a little something and didn't have much to work with. I thought the idea resembled an empanada hence the name. I also tried to make it as guilt free as possible so used low fat where I could but if you don't care all that much I am sure it is even better with regular ingredients.
- 1 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- hershey's dark chocolate syrup
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cream cheese and preserves together and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Spray one side of a tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray, or use butter if you aren't cutting back on fat.
- Sprinkle that side with cinnamon.
- Heat the tortilla just til softened in the skillet cinnamon side down.
- While still in skillet spread the cream cheese mixture on the tortilla and CAREFULLY roll it up being sure not to burn yourself.
- Spray the outsides again with the cooking spray and allow to brown turning to get all sides. (The cheese also gets a chance to melt and get nice and gooey).
- Once plated drizzle hershey's dark chocolate syrup on top and if you want dust a little powdered sugar for garnish.
- Note: It would work with any preserves you had on hand or maybe even pie fillings. Its a pretty versatile concept.