Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Everything cooked in one pan than served at the table. I reconstructed this from other recipes I have made and a breakfast quiche I once had at Disney. Quite easy and DH gobbled it up.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups refrigerator hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- I snip the bacon into 1 inch pieces and fry up in a 12 inch deep skillet.
- When nice and crisp remove and reserve enough bacon drippings to coat the bottom of the pan. Add some cooking oil if necessary (just a little). Place hashbrowns in pan and distribute evenly to cook. Top with chopped onion. As bottom browns turn to cook all potatoes and onions. When a nice brown all over. Pat into pan to form crust.
- In a bowl beat the eggs till fluffy and add 1 cup of the cheese. Pour over potato crust in pan and move around till evenly distributed. Place bacon pieces all over the top. Cover with a lid and let the eggs cook through. I add the extra cheese in the end and cover again. Watch not to burn the bottom.
A very wonderful and filling breakfast! I added a little cream to the eggs and beat them so they would be super fluffy. I also only had cheddar cheese. I cooked the onions for a little bit in the bacon grease to soften them and added them to the hashbrowns and mixed them up. I made a little extra to have left overs and I am glad I did. Very delicious! It is a great base for so many add-ins!