Quick stovetop recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken-flavor long grain wild rice mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In heavy nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and butter, and saute onion until translucent.
- 2Add chicken and cook over medium heat until browned on one side, about 4 minutes.
- 3Turn chicken and add mushrooms, and cook until chicken is browned on second side.
- 4Remove chicken from pan.
- 5Add water, rice, and seasoning packet to skillet with mushrooms.
- 6Place chicken around edge of skillet.
- 7Add broccoli to center.
- 8Cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
- 9Then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
- 10Stir to mix broccoli with rice mixture.
- 11Add sour cream and heat another 1-2 minutes.
- 12Sprinkle with cheese, cover, let stand 2 minutes to melt cheese, and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 217.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken-flavor long grain wild rice mix