Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a great side dish to serve with a pork or beef roast or a turkey or chicken dinner.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional I like to add it in)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup full-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine corn, whipping cream, salt, pepper, sugar garlic powder (if using) and butter.
- In a small bowl whisk together the full-fat milk with flour, then stir/add to the corn mixture; cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture has thickened and the corn is cooked through.
- Remove from heat then add in the grated Parmesan cheese; stir until thoroughly combined and melted.
- Season with more salt and black pepper if desired.
- Serve hot.
Aamzin.. wowzies. I let is sit a few mins on the skillet to bring a crisp edge to the corn. My new fav corn recipe.
This corn is amazing. I made it for a girls night in one night and it says to serve 6-8 people but me and a girlfriend polished it off! Everytime there's an event or potluck or birthday party I'm asked to make this. I change the serving size on the recipe to 20 if I'm making it for a party. I just use a huge pot and then transfer to my crock pot. Here in Milwaukee, WI, we have this stuff called "Corn Salt" (it's basically just Lawry's) and I sprinkle that in instead of regular salt and everyone seems to love it. Leftovers (if there is any) are great too! I'm drooling just thinking of it!
This is a great corn recipe made for those cold winter months! I usually make this with fresh corn when corn is plentiful. However, this recipe allows you to have the fresh cream corn flavor right in middle of wintertime! I halved the recipe which was perfect for our needs. Thanks so much for your endless incredible recipes, Kittencal!