Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was simply inspired by what I can normally find in my cupboards. It is simple and easy to prepare with just the right amount of spice. It is delicious and goes nicely with a green bean casserole and biscuits.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Warm oil in skillet to medium temperature.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- In a small dish combine cornmeal, chili powder, oregano and cumin.
- Rinse chicken breasts in water and coat with mixture.
- Place strips in skillet, cover. Flip as required and fry until done, approximately 15-20 minute.