Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from Everyday with Rachael Ray. It's a great mag.
- 1 1⁄2 cups grilled creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
- The grilled creamed corn recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/rz.266810.
- Preheat a grill to medium. In a large bowl, combine the creamed orn, onion, breadcrubs, eggs, baking powder, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Position a large cast-iron skillet over the grate. Add 1/2 tbs oil and heat until hot.
- working in batches, drop 1/4 cupfulls of the batter onto the skillet, leaving an inch in between.
- Cover and cook, turning once and pressing gently to flatten, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minute
- drain on paper towles. repeat with another 1 1/2 tbs oil and the remining batter.
- Increase the heat to high. Brush the tomato slices with the remaining 1 Tbs oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on the grate in a single layer and grill, turning once, until grill marks appear, about 3 minute.
- Transfer the corn fritters to a platter and top with the tomato slices and basil.