Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I seen these made on TV they looked SOOooo good, also a very easy side dish. The recipe is courtsy TheKCRAchannel.com/food
- 177.44 ml flour
- 177.44 ml cornmeal
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml half-and-half cream
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 3-4 minced green onions
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml cayenne
- 118.29 ml chopped yellow onion
- 236.59 ml corn (canned or frozen)
- olive oil (for frying)
- Saute, the 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions,add the 1 cup of corn and saute until transparent, sit aside.
- In a large bowl mix Flour, cornmeal, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar together.
- Whisk together buttermilk,egg,half & half,and melted butter:Add to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Add Onions and corn to batter; Heat a nonstick skillet and ladle 2-ounces for each cake, Fry until browned turn and cooked other side until browned, serve.
Wow! These were very delicious. A few more ingredients really made the difference. I made them early in the day and refrigerated them until dinner and they were perfect. I served them with an avocado salsa. Great!