Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is like a potato hash or a warm potato and corn salad. A nice combination of potatoes, corn, and roasted garlic. A Gay Lea Butter recipe. Time does not include roasting the garlic; this step can be done ahead. Potatoes can also be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- 3 baking potatoes, about 2 lbs (Yukon Gold)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups corn kernels, cooked
- 2 heads garlic, roasted (instructions below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook whole potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes, or just until tender but not mushy.
- Drain and peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into bite size chunks.
- In a large skillet, melt 1/3 cup butter over medium heat.
- Add potatoes; cook, stirring often, for 20 to 30 minutes, adding remainder of butter as necessary, until crispy and golden.
- Stir in cooked corn kernels and cloves of roasted garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil or mint.
- ROASTED GARLIC:.
- To roast garlic, slice top third of the two garlic heads to expose tops of cloves.
- Wrap each garlic head well in foil paper.
- Bake in center of preheated 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 40 minutes or until cloves are thoroughly softened.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out pulp.
I loved this one. I cheated, and used bottled roasted garlic. Also, I chose to use the basil, since I have a pot of it growing on the porch. This is really simple to prepare, and looks as good as it tastes!